Publishing with GPR
Global Politics Review is a peer-reviewed Open Access e-journal of International Studies. The Journal accepts submissions all-year round and publishes them on a rolling basis. Published articles are collected in April and October in two separate issues. Global Politics Review accepts submissions in the field of International Studies, including papers and essays that engage with the international dimensions in related fields, such as Politics, Economics, Law, Innovation, and History. GPR welcomes submissions from scholars at all stages of their careers.
Global Politics Review adheres to a double-blind peer-reviewing policy where the identity of the reviewer and the author are concealed from both parties. Articles are judged on the basis of originality, argumentation, and prose. Editors reserve the right to make changes to the articles during the editing process. The editorial board assumes no obligation regarding publication. Submissions that do not adhere to the guidelines will be rejected.
It only takes five steps to publish your work.
Global Politics Review features high-quality research articles that survey new contributions to the fields of international relations, international security, and international development. Global Politics Review publishes three types of articles:
- Papers: research articles that range from 4,000 to 8,000 words.
- Essays: editorials, reflections and concise essays that range from 1,500 to 4,000 words.
- Reviews: short articles that examine, discuss or critique published research. Reviews should be no longer than 2,000 words.
- Document formatting and citation: Submissions should be formatted accordingly to the Chicago Manual of Style, 17th edition (Notes and Bibliography).
- Headings: Level 1, centered and boldface; Level 2, centered and italic; Level 3, flush left and boldface.
- Footnotes: Citations have to be amalgamated and signaled serially by superscript numerals. Citations must be inserted as footnotes accordingly to the Chicago Manual of Style, 17th edition.
- Bibliography: Papers and essays should contain a bibliography formatted accordingly to the Chicago Manual of Style, 17th edition.
- Manuscript File Format: All submissions have to be sent as an editable Microsoft Word file (.doc or .docx).
- Data set or additional sources: Any data set or additional material used to support the paper must be submitted to GPR via email.
Submitting Your Manuscript
Submissions should be made by filling the Online Manuscript Submission Form. In the Form you will be asked to fill in various information regarding the manuscript and the authors. You will also be asked to accept the terms and conditions, and upload an editable Microsoft Word file (.doc or .docx) of your manuscript. The manuscript should be anonymous and not include any information that identifies the authors. The file should also include on the first page the title of the article, an abstract no longer than 250 words, and six keywords. The manuscript will be peer reviewed only if it meets the relevancy and word count criteria for GPR.
If you would like to discuss your paper prior to submission or require assistance with the Online Manuscript Submission Form, please contact us at .